St. John Bartlesville
Johnstone School built in 1954
Welcome to SJCS AlumniConnect
Browse the Graduate classes from the list menu.
Visit our facebook page and tag yourself and facebook friends!
Alumni@sjcs-ok.org is our email
Mary Wetzel or Elizabeth Thrash will be glad to hear from you.
Changes, edits, and requests concerning the class pictures and lists can come directly to Mary at
School Tour - Contact our principal:
Mrs. Lexie Radebaugh (918) 336-0603 firstname.lastname@example.org
St John School was dedicated in 1912 and the first classes were held on September 9, 1912, Fr. Van den Hende, Sr. Benedict, Sr. Teresa, Sr. Clara, Sr. Helen, and Sr. Leona were present. St John Catholic School is the second oldest continuously operating school in the Tulsa Diocese, second only to Holy Family Cathedral School.
Father Edward Van Weasberghe started a mission in Bartlesville in 1901, and by 1905 had built a red brick mission church on the corner of Eighth and Johnstone. The St. John Parish was established in 1906, and its first priest, Father John Van den Hende, established and dedicated the St. John Grade School in 1912. The school was staffed by Ursuline Sisters of Padola, KS and was capable of holding 150 students. Students attended daily Mass and were taught Latin in addition to other subjects. The first students graduated in 1916.
St John Catholic School offers a core curriculum that empathizes literacy, critical thinking, and problem solving. Limited class size provides each student with individual attention. Pre-K through Eighth Grade. The school currently totals 157 students.
This link is to the video slide show that displayed at our first Alumni reunion. It is a 30 page flip magazine video and moves forward manually.
Welcome to the St.John Catholic School Reunion
The Classes of 2015 and 2016 were witness to the building of the renovations and new rooms and gymnasium. And the Class of 2016 was the last to use the Johnstone address as their front door.
Pledge of Allegiance to start the day.